`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
Accurate and Reliable Mirror Compasses:
- The MC range of mirror compasses provides an invaluable tool for those who place a particular premium on accurate and reliable directional measurements; for example surveyors, miners, architects, rescue patrols, hikers, boaters and the military. The declination adjustment system, standard throughout the range, is especially useful when working in areas of large magnetic variation, while the sighting notch provides superior accuracy. The MC-2 model is also available with the Global Balancing System.
Field compasses in general:
- Mechanical compasses have been working as the navigator since several thousands of years.
- Still today magnetic compass is environmentally friendly, cheap and the most reliable tool when choosing the course. The oldest Suunto field compasses, which are still in use, are manufactured in 1938. A high quality field compass hardly needs any other service than washing in fresh water from time to time. The compass works without any external power supply. The compass gets its power from nature – from the magnetic north pole.
- Two Geographical Balancing Zones
The vertical intensity and direction of the earths magnetic field, the inclination, influences the horizontal plane of a compass needle according to the latitude where it is used. Due to inclination, compasses must be balanced for different geographical zones in order to keep the needle in a horizontal position.
- Previously, the globe was divided into five different balance zones in which specific compasses functioned. However, as people travel more and more, the need for a compass with a greater geographical range has increased. Thanks to Suuntos Two Zone System there are only two balance zones to consider in compass use - the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere. In practice, this means that a Suunto compass designed for the northern hemisphere will still work for a fair distance into the southern hemisphere, and vice-versa.
- Balanced for northern hemisphere
- Fixed declination correction scale
- Jewel bearing
- Sighting notch
- Mirror lid locks open at various angles (60º, 120º, 180º)
- cm scale
- Size: 56 x 84 x 15 mm / 2.2' x 3.3' x 0.6' (with the lid closed)
- Weight: 42 g / 1.5 oz
- Field Compass
- Sighting hole
- Mirror compass
- Baseplate compass
- Fixed declination correction scale
Buy Suunto Mcb Nh Mirror Compass at the lowest price! Our online shop for running & triathlon, runnerinn makes your dreams come true! Find Equipment at unbeatable prices. Have a look on our detailed description with characteristics and reviews of other customers who already bought the Suunto Mcb Nh Mirror Compass. Find the latest reductions and discover all our sales on our running & triathlon catalogue at amazing discount prices!
Nh means northern hemisphere
Raul - 20/03/2018
Hi, I would like to ask if the Compass is for the Northern Hemisphere or both since the nomenclature on the suunto page means Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere. I need a compass that works on both. Thank you
our experts answer
Hello! yes, it is for the Northern hemisphere, and we do not any compass that serves you for both hemispheres sorry...thanks for your question!
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE