This flagship garment draws influence from the world of trekking, but is highly versatile. Recycled and eco-approved material goes into the construction of a jacket that provides the wearer with excellent warmth and outstanding protection. And its built to work as hard as you do.
- Three things come together to set the Selja jacket above the competition. The first is its material. While youre out in the elements, its good to know that the recycled and bluesign®-approved material is augmented by 3L GORE-TEX® for full wind - and water-proofing. The light, dull face Pertex® Eco fabric and QuadFusion™ insulation on the buttoned-in liner provide protection and peace of mind in equal measure, while the insulation provides an outstanding warm to weight ratio.
- The second aspect is the functionality. Its built to move with you and fits close for mobility. The numerous pockets are tucked away, but easily accessible and secure. Its adjustable throughout, the hems are elasticated, and you can improve the fit while youre on the move.
- Finally: even though its design inspiration comes from the world of trekking and its built to work, weve styled it for the city: adding to its versatility and wearability.
- Weight: 960 G
- GORE-TEX® 3 layer, 100% Recycled Polyamide, 70 D smooth plain weave, ePTFE membrane 201 g/m²
- Hydrostatic head: >28,000 mm, RET:<7
- Inner Jacket: Pertex ® Eco 100% Recycled Polyester, down proof taffeta fabric with a dull face, 72 g/m² bluesign® approved
- Insulation : QuadFusion+™ 100% Recycled Polyester insulation, with microlayers of moisture managing multichannel fibres and warming crimped hollow fibres to maximize warmth, 80 g/m² (torso) & 60 g/m² (sleeves), bluesign® approved
- TAKE CARE: To be part of the world we believe that we must Take Care of it. Like a step in new-fallen snow, everything we do leaves a mark on the world. Our choice, and our responsibility, is to step lightly.
At Haglöfs, we acknowledge that the garment industry has historically not been the most environmentally friendly, and so we have taken strides towards reducing our impact. By joining bluesign® and the Fair Wear Foundation, setting and meeting stringent real-world goals of recycling and toxicity reduction, as well as fair labor practices, we have taken important steps towards a more sustainable business, and more importantly, a more sustainable future.
Take Care is our watchword and our symbol. It’s now at the heart of all we do, integral to our entire process. From increasing the percentage of recycled materials to developing a brand-new fluorocarbon-free Durable Water Resistance treatment, we are continually improving our entire product line, not just a select few products.
We’re not perfect, and there is much work yet to be done. But we have made great strides, met difficult goals, and set the next set of bars even higher. We believe that sustainability is essential, and we look at every part of our business for opportunities to improve. On our journey into the future, we wish to leave behind nothing but footprints.
In 2015, the Swedish trade magazine Sportfack awarded Haglöfs as the Sustainability Brand of the Year. The award was presented to Haglöfs during Swesport, the Swedish outdoor and sports trade show held in Stockholm on January 11-12 th.
“We are very proud to receive this award, it is a solid recognition of the hard and consistent work that we have put into the sustainability area during recent years” said Lennart Ekberg, Director of Sustainability at Haglöfs.
- BLUESIGN®: The bluesign® mark on our products means that we comply with the high requirements of bluesign®, a voluntary initiative for textile manufacturers to improve their production to the highest environmental standard available.
Haglöfs joined bluesign® technologies in 2008. The bluesign® system assures the highest level of consumer safety, minimum impact on people and the environment and a responsible use of resources. When we choose a bluesign® certified material we are sure that it meets our high demands on environment, health and safety.
The bluesign® standard aims at removing any substances that are potentially hazardous to human health or to the environment from the entire textile production chain – from yarns, dyes and additives, through to finished fabrics. A fabric that has been approved by the bluesign® standard ensures that its processing fulfills the following requirements:
The fabric itselt is free from harmful chemicals in accordance to one of the most strict 'restricted substance list' ever published.The hazardous components in emissions to water, soil and air from the fabric processing has been minimized. Consumption of resources, such as electricity and water, have been monitored and reduced as much as possible. Workplace conditions have been approved in terms of occupational health and safety.
As a bluesign® member our goal is to gradually and continuously increase our use of bluesign® approved fabrics. In that way we can guarantee safer products and a reduction of our environmental impact. A Haglöfs product carrying the label bluesign® product is made from at least 90% bluesign® approved fabric and at least 30% bluesign® approved accessories.
We made a decision that by 2012, 30% of our sold clothing should be bluesign® products. We reached 33%. For 2015, we are aiming for 80% bluesign® approved garments.
Buy Haglöfs Selja at the lowest price! Our online shop for running & triathlon, runnerinn makes your dreams come true! Find Women´s clothing at unbeatable prices. Have a look on our detailed description with characteristics and reviews of other customers who already bought the Haglöfs Selja. Find the latest reductions and discover all our sales on our running & triathlon catalogue at amazing discount prices!